Saturday, October 30, 2010

lizzy (pt. 3)

Why didn't the skeleton cross the road? 
Because he didn't have any guts!

A little bit cheesy?  Perhaps.  But you'll have to forgive me because it's onto day numero dos of the Halloween festivities and I'm just picking up some spooky momentum.  Shall we move onto the third and final part of posts featuring my baby sister?  Well not final final, there will probably be more to come, but it is the last of the photos from my visit home.

 sweater: AE outfitters, tank: Gap, jeans: NY&Co, shoes: TOMS shoes


 I'm a creature of habit, so here's my commentary on this outfit right here.  On top, Lizzy is wearing a cable knit sweater with a striped basic tank layered underneath.  Apologies for the stripey detail not appearing in the photo, but this leads into a very important point.  If you are a woman who has some curves, horizontal stripes can be a villainous meanie.  Quite the opposite of the wonderful lengthening effects of vertical stripes, horizontal stripes draw you out width-wise.  But there is an exception, honeys.  Horizontal stripes that are so narrow that the clothing appears solid at a distance are perfectly acceptable.  So in an effort to not look like the little teapot, short and stout, avoid horizontal stripes that are big and bold.  Pains me to say it because I am drawn to anything nautical with navy and white stripes, but it must be done.  The cable knit top has a lengthening and trimming effect with the bold, vertical cable detail running down the sides.  Dark rinse jeans also have a trimming effect due to its dark shade.  And potentially my favorite do-gooder product, TOMS canvas shoes in a light color add length to the legs.  I am absolutely addicted to TOMS and they are offering more styles now more than ever before.  'Til next time, honeys!

 


 

3 comments:

  1. Oh my god! I absolutely love Tom shoes!!!! They are so comfy!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooo cute sweater!! I love these pictures, you're gorgeous! :D

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is so cosy Emily, I like it. :')
    Great blogpost, I love the images! Keep up the good work girl!
    Love,
    FASHION RANGER

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Your thoughts are appreciated :) Remember, if you like what you see and want to keep up, be sure to follow!

xoxo,
Emily