Thursday, November 4, 2010

lay[er] it on me.

vest- Fossil, sweater- AE Outfitters, ruffly tank- Anthropologie, skinnies- NY&Co, booties- ALDO
Honeys, it's cold outside.  Like seriously, we are talking a chance of snow tomorrow.  I have a love/hate relationship with the place I live, and it's usually in the winter when I get not-so-lovey with this town o' mine.  Don't get me wrong, there's nothing I love more than a hot chocolate (especially the salted caramel from Starbucks.  YUM!), a chunky knit sweater, and burrowing up inside.  But when it's month after month of taking my life into my own hands walking on the icy sidewalks around campus and scraping my windshield in the morning, I don't become such a happy camper.  Good news is a new season is a new reason to do some shopping (that rhyming was not intentionally planned).  And even more exciting, we are just that much closer to the holiday season and a much needed month-long break from school!  Well, I do believe it's time for another outfit post and another lovely commentary, oui?

So these pictures were obviously taken prior to this nasty weather, hence the sun shining bright and the grass is actually green.  Oh, how I'm already starting to miss those days.  But I won't fret, because I love being able to layer tons of different pieces into one cohesive look.  I got a wee bit layer-happy with this outfit.  When layering, choose pieces with different necklines for a slimming effect, like a scoop neck ruffle tank, v-neck cable knit sweater, and a tie-front sweater fest.  The cable-knit detail is classic and elongating on the torso as the pattern runs length-wise.  And I finally get to show off my bonitas botitas: my pretty little boots.  
Cute, right?!  I love 'em dearly, but these babies proved themselves to be a bit of a hazard.   Yup, totally hit the pavement.  The heel hit some wet leaves going downhill and I was a gonner.  Even better, the huge bag I was carrying catapulted forward with the downhill momentum.  I must have looked insane to the girl who saw my utter fail since I was laughing so hard, but hey, one of the best traits to have is to be able to laugh at yourself.  'Til next time, honeys!




5 comments:

  1. Ahh I love those layers! I hope it's enough to keep you warm. Good luck if it snows... don't slip!

    -Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the boots!
    Please check out/follow my blog!

    xx
    Meera

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I just found your blog and it's great! I am IN LOVE with those shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the jeans.. and yes.. the boots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the boots soooooooooo much. Btw, what's the brand is that? wanna get one too!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Your thoughts are appreciated :) Remember, if you like what you see and want to keep up, be sure to follow!

xoxo,
Emily