Friday, November 12, 2010

Field trip!

caridgan- thrifted, shirt- NY&Co, belt- AE Outfitters, skirt- Fossil, leggings- Target, shoes- Nine West

Happy weekend, honeys! I hope you have managed to leave the stresses of the work/school week behind. I am back in the good ol' Dash, which is Winston-Salem to you outsiders, for the weekend and decided to go along with my mama on a trip to this little new park. It's absolutely lovely, if I do say so myself. So after my mom ran her little heart out around the path while I read a magazine, I had her snap a few photos of yours truly. She was a trooper as we walked around trying to find places with good lighting.

I decided to abandon the skinny jeans for once (well more than once, but I need to do it way more often) and paired a nice full, flowy skirt with some chocolate brown leggings. Turned out quite nice, don't you think? The skirt flows away from the body, which is a wonderful way to conceal larger hips and thighs. Dark leggings underneath have a slimming effect on legs. The cardigan hits at the hip and adds length to the torso while the belt over top adds definition to the waistline, creating an hour-glass silhouette. Well, that's all for now! I'm off to celebrate my grandma's birthday.  Shhh! It's a surprise, I only say it on here because I'm pretty sure she doesn't know about this blog o' mine. The 10th and final Gay BINGO tomorrow night! 'Til next time, honeys!

8 comments:

  1. Lovely blog! I am a huge fan of the belted cardigan look, though my hubby disapproves :) You pull it off very well. And your grandpa cardi in the last post is so freakin' cute, I need one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how fallish your background is and I adore the skirt with the leggings!
    -Meagan
    http://spunkychateau.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look lovely! Love your blog :) XX
    www.fitzsimmonslau.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the cardigan, such an awesome color ♥
    Have a nice weekend you too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the pictures! they look really good, nice fall feeling too them :)

    and the legging + skirt idea is super, makes me feel more comfortable and less self conscious when i were looser clothing anyways! great post

    ReplyDelete
  6. you r really pretty :) xo

    http://myfashionlustlist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just always think that skirts are more flattering on me than a pair of pants, they are just so unapologetically feminine!

    I literally blushed with joy when I saw your comment on my blog. I would love to stay in touch with you and am now following your blog. :)

    Love from Toronto, Canada

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look crazy pretty lady. Those colors are so great together!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Your thoughts are appreciated :) Remember, if you like what you see and want to keep up, be sure to follow!

xoxo,
Emily