Thursday, October 28, 2010

Fall is the best season (I have proof).

Leaves
by Elsie N. Brady

How silently they tumble down
And come to rest upon the ground
To lay a carpet, rich and rare,
Beneath the trees without a care,
Content to sleep, their work well done,
Colors gleaming in the sun.
At other times, they wildly fly
Until they nearly reach the sky.
Twisting, turning through the air
Till all the trees stand stark and bare.
Exhausted, drop to earth below
To wait, like children, for the snow.

Don't you just love it?!  I totally intend for this little blog here to remain about style, but I think this beautiful scenery warranted a slight deviation from the normal posts.  I hope you agree!  So while I was playing hooky from class, trying to get rid of a wicked headache, I decided to pop a few advil and wander outside with my camera.  This is what came of it!  Pretty good, right?   Hopefully my landlords didn't mind me creepin' around the building, but I'm pretty sure they are completely enveloped in some black and white movie on TCM.  Now I'm off to see what my lease says about lawn maintenance because that is a whole lotta leaves that need some rakin' and I don't own a rake.  Or have the motivation to do said raking.  'Til next time, honeys!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Your thoughts are appreciated :) Remember, if you like what you see and want to keep up, be sure to follow!

xoxo,
Emily