Monday, October 25, 2010

lizzy (pt. 1)

scarf: NY&Co, sweater: a.n.a., undershirt: hanes, jeggings: NY&Co, moccasins:Kenneth Cole
This is my little sister.  Isn't she just dahling?  I mean just look at that precious doll face.  This past weekend, I asked her to do a little favor & let me take some photos to post on the blog.  Voilà!  Thank you for obliging, baby sister. 

On to a bit of analysis of my trendy (& far more trendy than I) sister's outfit and why it is complimentary to a curvy figure.  Eternity scarves (scarves woven in a continuous loop) are practical and a great addition to an outfit when it starts getting too cold for comfort.  The fringe detail on the scarf has an elongating effect since it is vertically-oriented.  Want to really make the scarf work in your favor? Wear a long scarf so the ends form a long line down the torso.  This will visually lengthen the torso and make you look nice 'n' lean.  Oxidized pyramid details seem to be everywhere this season. This trend is incorporated into my sister's lovely heathered gray sweater.  The asymmetrical nature of the embellishment is slimming since it tricks the eye into thinking the body is slightly different than actuality.  Let the imperfect detail of asymmetry work to create a perfect figure.  And for what seems to be the zillionth time, but I still can't say it enough, dark rinse denim is a tried and true friend when creating a desired slimming effect on legs.  So, stock up!  A personal favorite of both my sister and I is the denim at NY&Co.  Due to a killer sale earlier this fall, I'm pretty sure I have at least 6 pairs from there.  I'm talkin' BOGO free plus wicked discount for my mom being a nurse plus coupons kinda killer sale.  I made it outta there like a stylish bandit. 

Side note, I am working on putting all my tips in one place so it's easier to reference.  It should be ready in a few days, so be on the look out!  'Til next time, honeys!

1 comment:

  1. Once again, I love your way of writing.
    And I can just think of one thing:
    Big girl you are beautiful!
    The fashion world needs plus sized women.
    LATER,
    FASHION RANGER

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Your thoughts are appreciated :) Remember, if you like what you see and want to keep up, be sure to follow!

xoxo,
Emily